Simon has acted in personal injury cases throughout his legal career. He mainly represents Claimants but acts for police forces and other employers. His work includes fatal accident claims and claims of the utmost severity.
Recent cases include acting for a Claimant for psychiatric damage after a factory explosion; for a Claimant with life changing injuries after a bus collision; numerous claims for WRULD; a claimant who lost an arm in a motor cycle accident; and acting for Defendants in stress at work claims.
His particular area of expertise is industrial disease litigation, for which he has a nationwide practice. He has been involved in numerous group actions including asthma claims, deafness claims, HAVS claims and carbon monoxide poisoning claims. He specialises in asbestos claims.
Former Contributor to APIL Personal Injury Law Practice and Precedents.Recommendations
Previously recommended as a leading Junior in the Legal 500:
“Highly recommended for industrial disease matters”: Legal 500 2018Reported Cases:
- Platt v BRB (Residuary) Ltd  EWCA Civ 1401
- Black v Arriva North East Ltd  EWCA Civ 1115
- Sayers v Lord Chelwood  EWCA Civ 1715
- Cairns-Jones & Ors v Christie Tyler  EWCA Civ 1642
- Vance-Daniel v Corus UK Ltd  All ER (D) 96 Feb
- West Yorkshire Police v M & A District Council  Lawtel 04.12.07
- Bulmer & Ors v Noel Village Lawtel  29.11.07
- Rugby Joinery (UK) Ltd v Pamela Whitfield  EWCA Civ 561
- Montracon Ltd v Gregory Whalley  EWCA Civ 1383
- Doherty v Rugby Joinery (UK) Ltd  EWCA Civ 147