- Defended in a marital rape case where allegations spanned 26 years. Acquitted
- Prosecuted an Army Captain for the rape of his fiance’s best friend. Convicted
- Defended in an attempted murder allegation involving a gangland machete attack. Acquitted.
- Prosecuted campaign of violent rapes upon step daughter. Convicted.
- Prosecuted an Anglican priest for historic sexual offences against men and boys. Convicted.
- Instructed by CPS in a judicial review case of CPS decision to prosecute a child for rape. Decision upheld.
- Member of the Criminal Bar Association
- Member of the North Eastern Circuit
- Accredited advocacy trainer.
Paul is an enthusiastic club runner who races regularly and has a number of sub 3 hour marathons to his credit, including London, Boston, Berlin and Tokyo.