Steven has represented a variety of interested parties, including families, private health care providers, and NHS staff associations.
Steven appears at Crown Courts across England in firearms licensing cases. He is predominately instructed Police Authorities but is also instructed by individuals appealing Police Authority decisions.
- Gray’s Inn Prince of Wales Scholarship
- Northumbria University Deans Award
- Northumbria University Best Advocate Prize on the BPTC
- LLB (Hons) - Nottingham Trent University (1993 - 1996)
- Distinction - GDL Northumbria University (2016)
- Outstanding - BPTC (2017)
Steven is a member of the Criminal Bar Association and the North-Eastern Circuit.
Prior to being called to the Bar, Steven worked for the police up to, and including the rank of Superintendent. Working predominately in the CID, Steven’s experiences included leading overt and covert major crime investigations and being appointed an ‘Authorising Officer’ under RIPA, where he authorised and reviewed a range of covert police operations.
Prior to joining the police, Steven played rugby professionally for Edinburgh and Bath.
Steven can receive instructions direct from the public or businesses through the Bar’s public access scheme.