Year Of CallYear of call: 2003
Called to the Bar of England & Wales: 2003 (Inner Temple)
Called to the Bar of Northern Ireland: 2013
Professional Memberships and Appointments
- Attorney General’s Panel of Junior Counsel to the Crown (A Panel; B Panel 2014-2016; C Panel 2008-2013)
- Chartered Surveyor
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Visiting lecturer, School of Law, King’s College London
- Associate tenant, KBW Chambers, Leeds
- Chairman of the Compulsory Purchase Association (2012-2013)
Although he is clerked exclusively through FTB, Richard holds an associate tenancy at KBW Chambers in Leeds, to assist his work for clients in the north and north-east of England.
In Northern Ireland, Richard is authorised to practice outside the Bar Library in the fields of planning law and administrative law and judicial review.
Richard is a member of the Planning and Environment Bar Association, the Administrative Law Bar Association, the Parliamentary Bar Mess, the Bar European Group, the UK Environmental Law Association, the Environmental and Planning Law Association of Northern Ireland, the Compulsory Purchase Association and the National Infrastructure Planning Association.