Year Of CallYear of call: 2018
James receives instructions from the police in relation to gang injunctions and domestic violence prevention orders.
James regularly appears in the Crown Court, Magistrates’ Court and Youth Courts across the North-Eastern Circuit, where he both prosecutes and defends. James acts in hearings involving serious offences including violent, sexual and drugs offences.
Recently, James mitigated on behalf of a defendant who pleaded guilty to possession of over 1000 indecent images of children. The defendant received an 18-month community order.
James is regularly instructed in small claim trials, summary judgment, default judgment, strike-out applications and infant approval hearings.
James is instructed in fast-track personal injury trials with particular experience in noise induced hearing loss.
James accepts instructions in a wide range of public and private law family matters.
James is instructed by parents in private law family matters in relation to child arrangement and non-molestation orders.
James is instructed by both local authorities and parents in relation to care proceedings and fact-finding hearings. He has acted in cases concerning complex issues including non-accidental injury.
Awards and Education
- Politics and International Relations, University of Hull
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Commendation)
- Bar Professional Training Course (Very Competent)
- Sir Joseph Priestly Scholarship, Inner Temple
- Major scholarship, Inner Temple
- Pioneer Award, University of Law
- Provost Award, University of Law
- University of Law plea in mitigation competition, winner
Before joining KBW, James worked on death row cases for 6 months with the Georgia Metro Capital Defenders in Atlanta, USA.