Following a three week trial in Sheffield, Shaun Richardson, represented by Richard Barradell, was the only Defendant out of eleven to be acquitted of conspiracy to supply cocaine. The case […]Read more ›
Olivia Checa-Dover and Daniel Penman successfully defend multi-million pound false imprisonment claim
West Yorkshire Police have successfully defended a multi-million pound false imprisonment claim brought by a Bradford GP following a ten day trial. The case, on which Olivia Checa-Dover led Daniel […]Read more ›
On Thursday August 15th 2019, at the end of a trial which had lasted nine weeks, Scott Gocoul was convicted of the murder by shooting of Tom Bell, the young […]Read more ›
Conor Quinn has been appointed as an Independent Costs Adjudicator on the Legal Aid Agency Review Panel. In this role he will be involved in deciding appeals against LAA decisions […]Read more ›
Chambers are pleased to announce that Ian Mullarkey, head of our Inquests and Public Inquiries Team, has been appointed an Assistant Coroner for South Yorkshire (Eastern Area). Ian, has appeared […]Read more ›
KBW Barristers Stephen Littlewood and Becky Jane attended at Royds Secondary school in Leeds to take part in an interview event with GCSE students. The event was designed to prepare […]Read more ›
Olivia Checa-Dover acted for the Appropriate Authority in the police misconduct proceedings relating to the death in custody of 53-year-old Mark Needham on 23 July 2015. The proceedings followed an […]Read more ›
- KBW Chambers is pleased to announce that Jenny Coldham and Sarah Hopkinson have successfully applied for tenancy upon the completion of their pupillages in early September.
- The importance of Fact-Finding Hearings in cases where domestic abuse is ‘self-reported’, article June Venters QC
- Manisha Marwaha successfully represents a Local Authority in securing serious findings of false imprisonment and neglect involving vulnerable adults
- Adam Keenaghan successful in unlawful arrest and trespass claim
- We are delighted to announce the appointment of Daniel Penman as Deputy Head of our Police Team.