Year Of CallYear of call: 1996
Called to the Bar 1996/Inner Temple
- Cardiff University, LLB (Hons) 2:1
- Inns of Court School of Law (Bar Examinations) 1995
Areas of Practice
Prosecutes and defends the full range serious criminal cases; including misuse of drugs, sexual offences, fraud, homicide and violent crime. Extensive experience in s.8 C.P.I.A. disclosure applications and challenges to Public Interest Immunity Claims. Parole hearing reviews and general Prison Law advice.
Attended training in prosecuting serious sexual offences and in the use of intermediaries to assist vulnerable witnesses.
Non-criminal police work including Sexual Offences Prevention Orders and Closure Orders.
Level 4 prosecutor (including rape panel)
List B member of the List of Specialist Regulatory Advocates in Health and Safety and Environmental Law
Head of the Criminal Team
- R v Livingstone & Others – Large scale drugs conspiracy. NCS operation involving 12 defendants, nine month long voir dire and disclosure process. Procedural challenges to disclosure process following ECHR decision in Edwards v Lewis.
- R v Bell – Fraud. £1 1/2million.
- R v Milson – Murder. Death of 8 month old baby from methadone overdose.
- R v MacKenzie – Gross Negligence Manslaughter. Death of 78 year old woman from suspected hypothermia.
- R v Martin – Murder. Night time stabbing of a friend.
- R v Clark – Rape and Murder of 14 year old girl in her home.
- North Eastern Circuit
- Criminal Bar Association
Interests include skiing, sailing and oil painting