Year Of CallYear of call: 2005
Area of Practice: Crime
Ed practises in serious crime and his experience covers a wide spectrum of work including murder, serious and complicated fraud, multi handed drug conspiracies, firearms offences, serious violence and sexual offences including rape and historic abuse. Ed accepts instructions in proceeds of crime applications and has successfully represented clients at the Court of Appeal.
Ed has represented several high profile clients privately, particularly for motoring offences including cases involving death or serious injury.
Ed is acutely aware of the hurdles litigating solicitors face in modern practice and he is particularly focussed on client care, both lay and professional.
Ed accepts instructions to prosecute and is currently a Grade 3 prosecutor.
Murder & Manslaughter:
- R v Fletcher 2018, Sheffield CC – Led junior, murder, defence of loss of control.
- R v Cox 2017, Sheffield CC – Led junior, murder, issue of causation.
- R v Keeling 2017, Sheffield CC – Led junior, murder, causation issue. Defendant previously convicted of attempted murder on victim.
- R v Larkin 2016, Sheffield CC – Led junior, manslaughter (baby shaking).
- R v Palinski & Ors 2015, Sheffield CC – Led junior, murder, gang land killing.
- R v Wingfied 2014, Sheffield CC – Led junior, murder.
- R v Hall 2017, Sheffield CC – Supply drugs from prison.
- R v Royle 2017, Chester CC – Historic child abuse in care home.
- R v Omar 2016, Lincoln CC – Large scale conspiracy to supply drugs from prison.
- R v Allen 2016, Sheffield CC – Historic child rape.
- R v M Bell 2015, Hull CC – Scout master sexual offences.
- R v J Bell 2015, Nottingham CC – Large scale conspiracy to defraud by offering legal services.
- R v Smith 2015, Sheffield CC – Cross county conspiracy to rob jewellers.
- R v X & Ors 2014, York CC – Conspiracy to commit armed robberies.
- R v Burge & Ors 2013, Sheffield CC – Physical abuse of mental health patients by care home staff.